Nebraska Outdoors Forum

This site is dedicated to the Men and Women that enjoy hunting and fishing in Nebraska.
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Homemade Marsh Seat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:16 am 
On The Roof
On The Roof

A buddy and I got to thinking of all the troubles we have had trying to jump up out of those saggy-arsed, folding camp chairs... so we are looking into making some marsh seats. Anybody got or seen some models that have worked? We are looking at either PVC or pipe and trying to make them adjustable for various water depths. Saw a link to one idea on a Georgia Waterfowler Forum, and of course Avery sells one for 50 dollars :roll:

Thanks for any ideas!

“We are the legacy of 15 billion years of cosmic evolution. We have a choice; we can enhance life and come to know the universe that made us or we can squander our 15 billion year heritage in meaningless self destruction” ~ Carl Sagan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:02 pm 
Juvie
Juvie

I made a bunch last season ,just copy the avery's .I had around $15 in each one .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:53 pm 
Honker
Honker

take 36" of 4" pvc, cut one end at a 45 angle,

cut a 20 inch 3" piece to fit in the 4,

attach a fitting to the 3 inch sewer fitting to end of 3 inch and screw a board that your comfortable to sit on to that(2x4 or seat cut to fit)

then drill some 1/2"holes in 3 and 4 inch pieces every 2 inches and use a pin and key to change heights to what is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 am 
On The Roof
On The Roof

Thanks!

“We are the legacy of 15 billion years of cosmic evolution. We have a choice; we can enhance life and come to know the universe that made us or we can squander our 15 billion year heritage in meaningless self destruction” ~ Carl Sagan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:36 pm 
On The Roof
On The Roof

I'm making one out of PVC and my buddy is making his out of black pipe. Will let you all know how they turn out. Right now, I have about $23 into materials and can make 2 seats out of what I got. Buddy has $28 into his and can only make one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 pm 
Forum Administration
Forum Administration

Several years ago I made one from 2x4, drywall screws and decoy line. Probably had $5 and five minutes in it. Always wished it was height adjustable, folded up to carry easier, ect, ect.

Hunt Down Cancer

I've said it too many times and I still stand firm - you get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

Cops were created so firemen could have hero's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:51 pm 
Not out of the nest
Not out of the nest

I have made them out of everything from EMT to PVC. The best design I ever came up with was using 3" PVC with a PVC Toilet flange glued on one end for attaching your wooden seat to it. About 12" up on the mud end, I bolted a piece of 2x4 to keep the pipe from continuing to sink in the mud. You need to plug the mud end as well or you'll have a pipe full of mud and heavy after a hunt.